Thursday, January 31, 2008

Therapy


My father came today and brought Mia and me donuts for breakfast. He’s such a sweetie - he remembered to bring one with sprinkles on it for Mia because that is all she cares about on a donut (She licks off the icing and the sprinkles and then throws the rest of it away). I wish that is all I cared about. While we were eating breakfast Mia said "Do you miss your mommy?" and I said "Yes I do." to her very curious inquiry. She said "It will be okay mama, I will make you all better. You need a frog." She jumped out of her chair and ran and brought me three toys one right after the other. First, she brought me the frog then she ran away with her curls bouncing up and down on her head. Next came the light "thingy", and finally the Tigger toy. She presented them to me on the table as if that was going to make me happy. My father and I just sat there smiling and then shed a few tears. Isn't that sweet? Oh the innocence of a child. I wish that could have made it all better and toys were the answer. Lesson of the day: If you ever have a bad day, just break out a toy to play with and you will feel better.

No comments:

A Few Fun Pictures