Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another Family Loss


We have had yet another loss in the family. My father's brother, Walter Lindsay, passed away on Saturday. The visitation was tonight and the funeral is tomorrow. How very hard it is to attend these things. I feel especially sad for my father since this is the second loss in his life in the past seven months. His wife and now his brother. He commented to me that he felt as if he was standing on a cliff just waiting to be pushed off. Others have gone before and others will follow. Kind of funny and kind of sad. My dad and I joke a lot and sometimes we can be irreverent. :::snicker::: I can only imagine when I start to have my sisters pass away that it will be hard to face my own mortality. For now I just choose to ignore my eventual end and live life blissfully ignorant of what will come to each of us. I know this sounds bleak but it is a reality, isn't it? God has our days numbered and I pray that we all make the best of them. He had a happy smile didn't he?

No comments:

A Few Fun Pictures