Sometimes it isn't fun to read a LONG post so feel free to skip to the end, look at the picture, and be on your way. (Sometimes I do that but don't tell anyone) :::wink, wink:::
Christmas came and went quickly this year. It seemed to creep up out of nowhere and then left just as quickly. I even had different celebrations with each family but it still happened in a blink. Christmas Eve with my family was very nice. I was concerned it was going to be VERY emotional without mom there but we all made the best of it and shared happy memories of previous times. I was so proud of dad for having the entire family over for the evening. Last Christmas Eve mom had just gone into the hospital and was waiting to hear what was happening in her body. Little did we know that we had a limited amount of time with her. If we had only known what was to come. Anyway, each year mom made gifts for the daughters. One year each of us received a quilt and last year we received a framed needle-point with her words of encouragement on the back. They were always special treasures that we looked forward to with anticipation. I didn't expect one this year but dad found watercolor pictures that mom had painted many years ago and framed one for each daughter. It was special and memorable!
The Christmas celebration with the Heibel side was great! The children had a blast at the place we stayed for the weekend. They played in the pool each day and it helped them sleep well I believe. My mother-in-law's tradition is to give pajamas to the grandchildren each year and here they are all dressed up. Isn't it great? My girls (Mia and Ashley) are in the pink and Carrie's boys (Joel, Evan, and Drew) are in the blue. What else would you expect? Mindy's daughter, Suzanne, is in the middle of all of them holding Ashley. 
I so enjoyed the time we spent together. This year seemed extra special but I can't exaclty tell you why. There was just a special feeling about the weekend. Barb spends so much time preparing everything for us and it makes everything so fun. It is the little details that make it special. Thanks mom!!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Christmas Pajamas
Written by
Heibel
at
10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I want to know why the adults dont have to wear the jammies as well. By the way there will be a test after each of my blogs..... hahahahaha so you cant skip to the end.......by the way.. when do you open up for bracelet business?????
Post a Comment