Friday, January 4, 2008

Potty Party


I am posting this for the family since they were part of our experience this past weekend. Feel free to skip past this one since it is delicate subject matter. : ) I am pleased to report that potty training has gone remarkably well. During her bath two weeks ago, Mia decided it was time to sit on a potty for the first time so that she could “go tinkle” (all this while I was running errands). Don't laugh at the terms in this post (I can't stand using the word pee). I wasn't planning on tackling this till January but she decided otherwise. She started using the potty at 4:00 in the afternoon and we loaded her with liquids to the point that we had to keep her up till 10:00 to try to get a few successful trips. She has eaten a TON of Nerds (candy) as rewards but I think we can say it has worked. I post this today only after she has used the potty for, shall we say, um...a bowel movement that she has held since Sunday. FINALLY!!! I think she now gets it and I hope it goes well from here on out. To celebrate, we had a poopy party today while my nephew was here and he thought that was hysterical. He wouldn't say poppy party...he just whispered it to me with a huge grin on his face. She got to eat Nerds for turds. Now that is funny!! That was our bribe here in the house. If she was able to make a bowel movement she would get some candy Nerds. Okay, I'm done with this very bizarre post but again, this one is for the family. We did it! Well, truth be told, Mia did it!

3 comments:

Carrie White said...

OK, let me get this right...you'll say "turd" but not "pee"?! smile. I loved the story. Thanks for posting it.
Carrie

Anonymous said...

I wish Mia could see me doing the potty party dance! I'm doing it right now....well, maybe she doesn't want to see me. Love, Aunt Mindy.

L said...

What a hoot! I loved this post and high five to Mia for being such a big girl. I am proud of both of you. These are the important things in life. Hugs to both of you. Laurinda :)

A Few Fun Pictures