
Mia has been watching Boz the Bear DVDs for a few months now and he has just started visiting our home this week. Mia is now using her imagination in a very realistic way to play around the house. Boz comes to play with her. I have to be careful where I sit so I don't sit on him and make sure I don't shut a door without letting Boz come out of the room with us. This is starting to get complicated. Not only do I have a toddler and an infant to take care of, I now have an imaginary green bear to play with. I have got to tell you that this is becoming confusing. One minute he is with us and the next minute he is at the grocery buying pancakes (which he loves). He seems to pop in and out of the rooms all of the time and I never get it right. I try "talking" to him and poof, he is at the grocery or in another room. He was at the grocery at least 10 times yesterday within a span of 30 minutes. The bad part was that Mia sent him to the grocery so many times that she started getting stressed out and upset that he wasn't around. I snickered at that point. Mia asked me what I was laughing about while she stood there with her shoulders and head hanging down showing her disappointment. I tried to tell her that he was with us but she refused. How do I tell a toddler that she is the one in control of her imagination? She is the only one making him go away?????? Ugh! Hopefully today will go better. Mark is home so I think he will be able to help her manage this better than me. He is very good at this sort of thing. Thank goodness.
Mia has also become obsessed with water. She "washes" dishes in the kitchen and bathroom sinks and mostly ends up with more water on herself than on the dishes. Here she is playing with water in the bathroom. At least she isn't into painting or something else messy!!

Thursday, December 20, 2007
Boz the Bear
Written by
Heibel
at
3:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment