Friday, July 20, 2007

In Memory of Bonnie Lindsay

What can be said about a mother who gave so much during the course of her life to those around her? A few spoken words are not sufficient to summarize years of love, devotion, patience, support, words of encouragement and direction. Of all of the values that mom instilled in me, the most important was the role of God in my life. She taught me to seek God in every decision. I’m sure many of you can attest to her stating, “Have you prayed about it”? Sometimes I knew I shouldn’t even discuss an issue with her until I had prayed about it because she was going to ask me. She taught me that God is the most important priority in life. Put Him first and KNOW that He has your best interest at heart. She taught me to listen to that small voice and know that it is God speaking; and that it isn’t just my own heart and head directing me. She had a way of always taking me back to the basics. Such as, what did Jesus want me to do? She taught me to take the time to get quiet and listen. Just listen and rest in his presence. Many of you have been taught this as well.

She was an example of someone who wholeheartedly trusted the Lord even during adversity. That trust was reinforced through praise and worship music, which was an integral part of her relationship with the Lord. I will always remember my mother praising the Lord with her hands lifted high.

Recently she encouraged me by telling me that I was doing well in rearing my daughter and I will always cherish that compliment. In rearing my children, I pray that I can pass along the importance of God in every day life that was exhibited to me. I want to make that part of my legacy.

A song came to mind from Nichole Nordeman that says:
“I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough to make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
I just want to hear, "Well Done" good and faithful one...”

I feel that part of Mom’s legacy is that she blessed His name unapologetically as the song says, and that she was a good and faithful one that pointed many individuals to the most important thing in life - God.

I believe she heard Him say…”Well Done”

A rose from her garden. She was an avid gardener.

No comments:

A Few Fun Pictures