It has been hard knowing that I will never see my Mom again. Since my Mom has passed away, I have been think about the kind of mother, wife, sister, friend, etc., I am. I am wondering if I need to make changes in my life. What kind of legacy will I leave? Time goes so quickly every day, and I often wonder if I spend enough time cherishing those around me. I feel that time and energy need to be invested in those that touch our lives in any way and not in things that can so easily be destroyed and do not last. Big revelation, eh? I know, I know, but sometimes it takes large life experiences to engage that light-bulb moment. I don't really know how to make this a reality yet, but I am trying. Silly isn't it? It just doesn't come naturally to me I guess. I am spending a lot of time with my Dad, and am really enjoy our time together. We talk more now than we used to and I look forward to our visits and phone calls. We are all investing in our relationships more than ever before. Enough of the ramblings of a person working through grief.
Mia has started to blossom these past few months. She talks more than ever as her vocabulary continues to expand and makes cute comments on what she observes in everyday life. Oh the fun!! Let's see...what pictures should I share?
I have learned that anytime is a good time to play with paper towels and toilet paper. She made a house, a castle, and put them in cartons and "drove them around" to name just a few of the ideas she had. The creations started in the hall, by the closet, but during the fun filled hour they kept creeping down the hall, till she was in the family room. Who knew paper products could be so fun? I just may keep a roll in the van in case things get too boring one day.

No comments:
Post a Comment