My mother, Bonnie Lindsay, passed away this week. She was diagnosed with lymphoma last December and received chemotherapy for the past seven months with the anticipation that she was going to survive. Tuesday morning she quietly slipped away to be with the Lord. It was a complete shock to all of the family since she had told us on Sunday that she was feeling very good and had a sense of hope. In hind-sight I guess it was her rally and we didn't see the warning signs. She was only 66 years old and we had so many things we wanted to do with her in the years to come. No one is ever ready to have a loved one leave their life so this has been hard. It just doesn't seem possible that she is gone. I am dreading the service and don't want to go through this final goodbye but it is unavoidable. I wrote a summary of what I want to say but I don't believe that I will be able to read it so Mark will have to do it for me. Maybe I will post it in another blog in case anyone wants to read it.
Here is a picture of my mom with Mia shortly before she was diagnosed with cancer.
My mother, my sisters, and me at a tea party last summer.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
A Very Sad Day
Written by
Heibel
at
11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment