
One year ago, my mother lost her battle with cancer and passed away unexpectedly due to complications. The strange part about losing her is that life goes on. It sounds like a silly statement, but some of you know exactly what I am talking about. Life doesn't stop...it just keeps on going despite tragic losses. So many things have happened this past year that I would have liked to share with her. One of the most important things was the birth of Ashley. She was born a few months after mom died and it breaks my heart that she didn't get to meet my happy, little girl. This has been an incredibly emotional year and I'm glad it is finally behind me. I have made it through the first year. Things will get better from here, right?
My sisters and father met tonight for dinner and a time of prayer. We didn't talk much about mom and the past year, but just visited with each other, which was a refreshing change. I am surprised I made it through the day without crying and falling apart, which I thought I would do. No, that kind of day creeps up out of nowhere and turns me into a blubbering idiot in the most unexpected places and times. Mia then runs up to me with a toy to help make me feel better. I find that to be so sweet and precious. I miss you mom and wish you were still here but I know you are rejoicing with the Lord. I miss you. I miss you.
You all know this but love on your families as much as you can each day because we never know what tomorrow holds.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
One Year Ago
Written by
Heibel
at
9:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment